PRIESTLY RENEWAL IN THE HOLY LAND
The course takes place in Jerusalem at the Pontifical Institute of Notre Dame and is achieved through an organized program of guided tours, lectures, spiritual retreats based on the renewal of ones baptism and priesthood, daily Eucharistic adoration, ecumenical encounters and the opportunity to visit the places of Christ’s life. The course is aimed at helping each priest renew the sense and purpose of his priesthood by following the steps and mysteries of Our Lord’s life. The course, organized twice a year, lasts three weeks and includes a stay in Jerusalem and Galilee with day excursions to the other significant areas of Christ’s life. Precise and spiritual explanations of each place, and the historical background to the Holy Land, are given by experienced priests, authorized by the Episcopal Commission of Christian Pilgrimages. The participating priests come from all over the world; India, New Zealand, Australia, Poland, Austria, England, Ireland, the United States, Mexico and South American countries. General description of itinerary:
- Jerusalem: Visit to the Temple
- Bethlehem: Visit the location of the Lord’s birth. First retreat day
- Travel North: Visit Jordan river and Jericho with mass on Mount Tabor before arriving in Galilee
- Galilee: absorbing the exact locations of Our Lord’s home and ministry: Capernaum, Bethsaida, the Mount of the Beatitudes, Caesarea Philippi, Magdala, Nazareth and Cana.
- Visit to Magdala and second retreat day
- Visit Mount Carmel and Muhraqa on the journey back to Jerusalem
- Jerusalem: Continue reflections with the ‘Desert Day’ and visit to the Dead Sea
- Jerusalem: Continued pilgrimage to the Mount of Olives, and the places of Our Lord’s Passion, Death and Resurrection. Additionally we will visit the birth-place of St. John the Baptist, Samaria, Mount Gerizim and Jacob’s Well.
- Jerusalem: culmination of the priestly renewal with the final retreat retreat in the Franciscan Cenacle Church.
– January 16 (arrival day) – February 4 (departure day)
– July 17 (arrival day) – August 5 (departure day)
Our course is based in the Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center:
Paratroopers Road 3, Jerusalem, 9120502.
Tel. 972.262.79.111 www.notredamecenter.org
It is located just outside the walls of the Old City and just minutes away from the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
Total cost: € 2.000.
Includes: medical insurance, room (double occupancy), entrance fees and guides to historic places, all meals, conferences and classroom materials.
Not included: airfare, medical expenses and visits on free days.
Additional fee for individual room: €700.
His Excellency William Shomali (Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem)
‘The Catholic Church and the Holy Land’
Fr. Artemio Vitores, OFM (Custodial Vicar of the Holy Land for the Franciscans)
‘The Franciscans in the Holy Land’
In order to attend the Priestly Renewal in the Holy Land we will need the following:
- Submitted Application form together with necessary documents (below)
- The necessary documents are:
- Letter of Recommendation from Bishop
- Electronic scan of passport (Image and personal information) *The Passport must be valid through 6 months after the end of the course.
- If a visa is required we ask that you download the Visa Requirement form and then e-mail the filled out form with required documentation to email@example.com.
- *You may check the following link to see if you need to apply for a visa or not by clicking HERE
- Payment (Once your application is completed and verified we will send you payment instructions)