SEMINARY FORMATORS COURSE
The course is meant to help diocesan bishops in the preparation and ongoing formation of those who are dedicated to the formation of future priests. It provides priests from various countries the opportunity to apply the faith to current events as well as offer a forum for exchanging ideas. We pay special attention to the challenges that today’s culture presents. We offer an integral vision of the formation process. And we also go in more depth, in the workshop, both theoretically and practically, into a particularly relevant formation theme – the identity of the diocesan priest. Lastly, we enrich theoretical and pastoral elements with a solid spirituality and priestly fraternity.
The course is open to bishops, rectors, spiritual directors, and other seminary formators.
June 30- July 30 2018
Cost: € 2250
Payment includes registration, room and boards, meals, and course materials.
The course is available to the following language groups:
Pontificio Collegio Iternazionale Maria Mater Ecclesiae
Via Pietro de Francisci s.n.c (Via Aurelia 737)
00165 Roma, Italia
Tel. (+39) 06.665261
Course Program and Speakers
Daily activities: Lauds and concelebration of the Eucharist, Vespers before the Blessed Sacrament.
Academic activities: Lectures, case studies, groups discussions, question and answer sessions, personal study.
List of topics: The topics will cover theology, pedagogy, psychology, pastoral, and organizational themes.
- The ministerial role of a formator
- Principles of the formation process
- Prayer life and the Identification with Christ
- Maturity and other aspects of human formation
- The role of psychology in the integral formation process
- Pastoral charity and its manifestations
- Intellectual development and academic formation
Some Members of the Academic Staff
- Gonzalo Miranda, LC Pedagogical principles of formation
- Mons. Carballo Religious and Consecrated life in the diocesan pastoral work
- Alex Yeung, LC Formation in Communion
- Mons. Esquerda Bifet Diocesan Priestly Identity
- Edward McNamara, LC Liturgical Formation
- Michael Ryan, LC The Human Development of the Seminarian
- Josè Oyarzún, LC Intellectual Formation
- Mons. Jorge Carlos Patrón Wong Pastoral Formation
In order to attend the Seminary Formators Course there are three steps for application/inscription described below:
- Submitted Application form (below)
- Submission of all necessary documents which are:
- Letter of Recommendation from Bishop or general superior (please send a scanned copy with the application form and mail the original to the following address: ATTN: Sacerdos Institute Via degli Aldobrandeschi 190 00163 Rome, Italy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Electronic copy of passport (Image and personal information) *Passport must be valid through 6 months after date of the course.
- Copy of a small size profile photo
- Payment (Once your application is completed and verified we will send you payment instructions)
Want to Participate?
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you with further details.